Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Day Out With Thomas

We have just gotten back from our big weekend in Chattanooga and I am tired! I am going to need a couple of days to get caught up on rest. When we left the house, everyone was well. Noah is as well as he is going to get until he has his tubes and adenoid surgery on May 12th. On the way, to Chattanooga Friday night, Micah had diarrhea and I had to change him about 5 times before we even got to the hotel. That just came out of no where. I am not sure if it was something he ate or a short stomach bug. Things got better on Saturday and we had a good time seeing Thomas the Train and visiting the Aquarium and Children's Discovery Museum. We even got to spend a couple of hours at a big mall in the area that evening. Saturday was a busy, packed day and we were ready to call it a day. I finally got both the boys in bed and dozed off to sleep myself to be awoken not 10 minutes later by Noah throwing up all in his crib. It would not have been that bad if we were at home, but we only had a limited number of supplies since we were at the hotel. I was holding him while Charlie ran for a new sheet and changed his bed. About that time, he threw up again and this time a good bit of it hit me. I was hit with a sudden headache and sick feeling myself. At that very moment all the sickness of the last 3 months were flashing back in my brain and I just wanted to scream or cry. I was not quite sure which one would be more appropriate. All I could think was, "When will we get some relief from all this sickness????!!!!" It took all that I had in me to stay focused and not vomit myself. With Charlie's help I managed to make it through without a major break down. After that, he felt better and we were all able to get some rest. Thankfully he is fine now. We had to overcome some minor set backs, but we did have a good time. It was worth it all just seeing how much fun Micah had. This will probably be one of those things that he will talk about for a while.



Micah talked about riding Thomas for a while and then was not so sure he wanted to get on when it was time to board. He got over that quick though.


Two handsome engineers!

The following pictures were taken at the Children's Discovery Museum. This was probably the highlight of the trip. I highly recommend visiting this museum if you ever visit Chattanooga.
Cool Picture!





2 comments:

Jared said...

Poor baby, such a sad, scared little face. At least he got over it fast and had a good time.

Sarah said...

Thomas is coming to Cordele in October and we have talked about going too b/c Wesley l-o-v-e-s him. Sorry about all the sickness going on. I know you and Charlie know how to handle it well when it happens.