Sunday, April 06, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Noah....

Your present for your very first birthday is a new sickness, this time in the form of pneumonia. That's right, we spent Noah's 1st birthday in the emergency room. His fever got up to 104 last night and my parents stayed up pretty much the whole night trying to keep his fever down. We met them in Atlanta first thing this morning and I knew just by looking at Noah that this was not a normal sickness. I could tell he was even more sick than the last couple of times, I just wasn't sure what it could be. We decided to just take him by the emergency room in Gainesville to have him checked out. Well, I guess I should say Charlie decided that we would go to the emergency room. I was really concerned about Noah, because I knew he was really sick. But being the frugal mom that I am, I was also sick to know that going to the ER meant a big dent in the pocket book. I am glad that we went now though. They gave him a shot of antibiotic and prescribed another antibiotic for 10 more days. The shot should have him feeling better soon. He also has another ear infection. We go back to the doctor tomorrow to have him evaluated again. So much for his 1st birthday. I guess it is a good thing that he is too young to tell the difference. We will have a big party for him next weekend to make up for it! Please pray for Noah. We have got to figure out what is causing him to be so sick.

No comments: