Saturday, April 19, 2008

April Showers are Raining Down

When it rains is pours! It has been pouring at our house lately. We have had a storm of sicknesses that have been going on strong since February. Noah got off of his antibiotic for the pneumonia on Sunday and we were in the doctor again on Thursday with another sinus infection. He is one sick toddler! The good thing is that we go to the ENT and Allergist next Friday. I got him taken care of Thursday and then it was time for me to go to the doctor. I have been needing to go for a couple of months now, but have just been putting it off. I have been spending so much time and money on Noah's sicknesses that I have not had time to focus on my own. I have had a sore throat and glands for a couple of months. It got so bad this week that I knew something was wrong and it was time to get it checked out. The doctor did a very thorough examination and asked me a bunch of questions. I was shocked when he mentioned that he thinks I have Mono, but it did make complete sense. I have been having headaches everyday, drained of energy and the sore, swollen glands...all which are symptoms of Mono. I have always thought of Mono as something you get when you're a teenager, so it never crossed my mind that Mono might be what was causing my crazy symptoms. I am glad to know that there is a cause for the way that I have been feeling lately and that it is not anything that won't heal in time. He said that it could take 6 months to get over and that the only thing you can do for it is drink and rest. He is doing several blood test on me and I will find out that results for sure on Monday. So for now, I will continue to press on and try to keep focused, so that I don't let myself get too run down. I will rest when I can, but when you have two toddlers, there's just not a whole lot of time for that. Why couldn't I have gotten this when I was a teenager. Then I could have been on homebound from school and had my assignments delivered to me. Everything around me would have still continued to function while I lay in bed. But now if I choose to just lay in the bed, there are meals that go uncooked, toddlers that go hungry and diapers that go unchanged. I will stand by the ole saying that says, "April Showers Bring May Flower." I am ready for some nice beautiful flowers to start blooming around here!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Just make sure you take care of yourself too. I know Micah and Noah both would want you to take care of yourself even though they might not be able to say it.