Sunday, April 22, 2007

Week 2

With every day that passes, I feel a bit better. The biggest complaint right now is that I am so tired. I am getting up right now two times each night with Noah. That is not all that bad, but after I am up for a while, it is hard to go back to sleep. Noah is also the loudest little sleeper. He sleeps in his bassinet right by my side of the bed and I hear every little grunt that he makes. The sounds can some times be so weird that I think something is wrong. I get up and check on him, only to find that he is fast asleep. One thing that makes it easy on me though, is that he does not stay up after each feeding. He goes back to sleep when I put him down. I can remember Micah bright eyed and bushy tailed at 2:00am in the morning. He has proven to be a good baby so far. The only thing that he doesn't like is to have a cold wipe on his bottom.

He has now crossed the 7lb mark. He weighs 7lbs 4oz.

My parents left today. That was hard. They were a huge help to me! My mom worked like crazy cleaning my house, cooking dinner and taking care of Micah. It was nice having them here. My mom and I got to get out some and go shopping, while my dad watched the boys. We also took Noah to get his newborn pictures taken. Yesterday, we got together with my brother and his family and spent the day at the lake. It was a nice opportunity to get out of the house, because I know I am going to be stuck at home all day for the next couple of weeks. Reality is beginning to set in now as I realize that tomorrow I will be flying solo taking care of two small children.

Something dramatic has already happened this week as I adjust to mothering two. I was running around getting ready. We were going to take Micah to preschool. I plugged up the iron, set it on our nightstand and went in the bathroom to put on make-up. Micah was in the living room playing with my dad, so I thought the iron would be safe there until I used it. I heard him in the room with me, turned my head in his direction and he had the iron in his hand. I ran to him yelling no, but did not get to him in time. He touched the iron with his hand. I picked him up and ran to the bathroom sink to run cold water on it. It blistered up bad. We put medicine on it and wrapped it in a bandage, but we could not get his mind off of it. He screamed for about an hour. My dad finally got his mind off of it by taking him outside to play. He got to play on a log in our yard with Paw Paw and the dogs and loved it! The iron incident was a lesson learned for both of us.

Enjoy the pictures below or our week.

No comments: