Thursday, April 05, 2007

Sick Babies

I go to the doctor tomorrow for a final check-up before my C-Section. If I have made any changes, then they are going to go ahead and send me to the hospital. I think I am ready, but Micah and Snickers are not. As you know, Micah has been sick. We finished off his steroid yesterday and he is still sick. This is the worst he has had it in a while. Go figure....just before the baby comes. I took him back to the doctor today and pleaded for a fast cure, since I will worry about him while I am in the hospital if he is sick. The doctor said that he believed it was a bacterial infection and gave him a 5 day antibiotic. This antibiotic should knock it out quick, but it is tearing up his stomach.

Saga # 2: Snickers has had something going on with her ear for a week now. I have been treating it as best I know how here. I have not been getting much sleep, because she scratches it all night. It looked really bad and I had to make the call to take her to the vet today. I knew that if I did not get her in today, it might not happen before the baby comes. Well, she has a bacterial infection and yeast infection in her ear. The vet said that it is the worst that their test can pick-up and that she is really suffering. POOR DOG! I feel so bad for her. I thought that I could treat it at home, but ended up making it worse. The worse part about it is what it has done to the pocket book. They have her on three different medicines for the next two weeks, all totaling $131....OUCH!!!! I have to take her back in 2 weeks for more treatment.

So, now I am torn as to how I feel about delivery. I am so anxious to see Noah and would love to welcome his arrival over the Easter weekend, but my babies here at home need me to doctor them for a little while longer.

No comments: