Thursday, January 04, 2007

Hello 2007!

It's a brand new year...2007. So far this year has been great for me. A good 1/3 of the end of 2006 found me miserably pregnant. This year has started off much better. I am still very pregnant and feel very pregnant, but I feel like a new women in several ways. My energy level has returned, I am only getting headaches about once a week and I'm rarely nauseated. Since I am feeling leaps and bounds better, I have been working around the house like a maniac! There was so much that I had to let go the first 20 weeks of my pregnancy and now I feel an urgency to clean everything. I guess you could say I am nesting a little early. There is so much to do to get ready for the baby. We are also concerned that this baby may come a little early, since I am carrying him so low and experiencing so much pressure. That makes my sense of urgency even greater. I am trying not to overdo it. Working too hard does not help matters, but I am making sure to wear my maternity belt daily.

With the new year also comes the feeling a starting fresh...turning over a new leaf. I usually don't make resolutions. I don't guess I have really done so since I was a teenager, but this year I have two.

They are as follows:
Read my Bible daily (the most important)
Clean out the clutter in my house (become less of a "pack rat")

We are four days into the new year and so far I am very impressed with my progress. I have read my Bible everyday. I have also cleaned out something different each day. I have cleaned the kitchen cabinets, bathroom closet and cabinets, our bedroom and closet, Micah's bedroom and closet, and now I am working on the office. The office is a working progress. It is going to become Micah's big boy room. Once we get it all cleaned out, we are going to paint, decorate and move him in. The plan is to have this ready by February, so that he has a little time to get adjusted to his new room and bed before the baby comes.

No comments: