Monday, November 27, 2006

Could NOT Resist!

Every year for the past 6 or so years, my mom and I have hit the "early bird" specials the day after Thanksgiving. We have always enjoyed the rush and the great deals that we get by getting up early. We both said that this year we would not do it. I have not been shopping in forever, because I have just not felt up to it and I thought for sure I did not want to fight that crazy crowd of Christmas shoppers. Well, we sat down to a wonderful meal Thursday at noon and then all sat back and relaxed. I was bored and decided to go get a paper. Curiosity was killing me!!! I had to go two different places to get a paper, because they were a hot item. The paper was so big, that they put it in a bag for me. I was so excited when I walked back in the door and dumped it in my mom's lap. We both frantically took out the sales papers and put the rest to the side. We circled the good deals and pondered what we could buy for each person on our list. It would require us to get up at 4:20am and be at Toysrus before 5:00am. We were not too excited about that idea, but could not turn down the bargains. So we set our alarm and went to bed early. I woke up at 6:00am and realized that the alarm did not go off. I rushed into my mom's room and told her what had happened. We were both disappointed, because we knew that all the sales that we wanted would be gone. I convinced her to get ready anyway and see if we could still get any of the doorbusters. We got to Toysrus over and hour late. We were not very hopeful that we would get what we wanted, but wanted to check it out anyway. To our surprise, we were able to get everything that we marked on our list, get out the door within 30 minutes and head to the next store. From there we proceeded to Walgreens, Burger King, K-Mart and Target. We got what we wanted at each of the places, so the venture out in the cold was well worth it. We got to sleep a whole extra hour and did not even have to stand in a line waiting for the doors to open.

My Christmas shopping is pretty much done and all that is left is the wrapping. I am trying to sweet talk Charlie to get the tree up for me tonight, so that we can decorate and have somewhere to put the presents after I wrap them. I can't wait to see the excitement on Micah's face this year when he sees the tree, decorations and presents!

No comments: