Tuesday, November 14, 2006

No MRI for Now

I had my long awaited visit with the Neurologist yesterday. Let me give you a quick update of why I went in the first place. I have been having headaches everyday for about two months. Along with the headaches, I have blurred vision and numbness in my hands and arms. I have also had stiffness in my neck and a few other crazy symptoms. My OB did not think my headaches were normal at this point in my pregnancy and referred me to see the Neurologist. That brings us to yesterday's visit.

I really liked the doctor. He was an older guy. I was expecting a young nerdy looking guy with glasses, but I am glad that I got someone with lots of experience. He asked me lots of questions and then did a long neurological exam. I thought that was interesting. I did weird things from sticking my tongue out to pretending to walk a tight rope. He said that is the test that he used to diagnose things such as brain tumors before the MRI came about. After examination, he concluded that from his experience, he believed that my headaches were related to the pregnancy. Praise the Lord...nothing serious. He said that I was just that unlucky percentage of pregnant women that get them. I hope he is right and if so, that is the good news. The bad news is that he said I could have these headaches for another 6 weeks and even until the end of the pregnancy. That is a little discouraging, because they have gotten to the point now where they are ruling my life. They are daily and there is really nothing they can give me to prevent them at this point, so I must press on and try to keep from going crazy in the meantime. One day this little one will hear the story of what it put it's mama through. If Micah could speak and understand, he would probably give his little sibling an earful too, because he doesn't understand why his mama doesn't feel like playing with him right now. Sorry little Micah, I'll make it up to you when I'm feeling better.

No comments: