Thursday, November 02, 2006

You Call That a Hearing Test

Micah had his hearing screening on Tuesday. I am convinced that is was a waste of time. The only way he would have failed the test is if he would have had pretty moderate to severe hearing loss. I knew that this was not the case to begin with. When we were done with the test, the Audiologist said, "he did great, he is very responsive and alert." I knew that too. I asked if this ruled out the fact that he had any hearing lost and she said not really. I was thinking to myself, "so what did we really accomplish????" She said that he needed to start speech therapy. We are in the process of getting that started for him. He will have a speech evaluation some time in November and then they will start it after that. The speech therapist will let us know if we need to do the sleep study after working with him for a while.

No comments: