Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Poor Baby...

Noah has been projectile vomiting since Sunday night. Last night it was really bad. He did it three different times. He has also been choking on his spit-up the last couple of nights, so there has not been much sleeping around here. The choking was really scary and this was happening quite often. I am breastfeeding, but having to supplement with formula a good bit as my milk supply is suffering at the fact that I am so busy taking care of two small children. We have tried three different formulas, but all are having about the same affect. I have been in touch with the lactation consultant and doing everything possible (aside from taking medication) to get my milk supply back up. Well, last night the vomiting and choking was really bad. Charlie put his foot down and said that it was time to go to the doctor. I hate going to the doctor, but realized that I was going to lose it soon if something did not change. He had just eaten when the doctor saw him and she got to see how he was acting. She said that she was almost positive that he had reflux, but might also have something wrong with his Pylorus Valve since he is projectile vomiting. She gave us several different things to try for the reflux and if that works, then we will be fine. If not, then we will have to put him through some painful tests to look at the Pylorus. I do not want to go that route anytime soon, so I am just praying that it is just reflux and that I can get my milk supply back up. That will be easier on his system. We have tried all the strategies she gave us today and right now he is "sleeping like a baby." If it is reflux, then he should outgrow it as soon as his system matures. I just feel sorry for him, because he does not understand why he feels the way he does. I can sympathize for him, since I went down that same route myself with GERD about six years ago.

1 comment:

Nancy White Kelly said...

Poor baby. Poor Mama and Daddy. This too shall pass.