Friday, March 09, 2007

Update on Noah

I went to the OB today for a ultrasound. The ultrasound was scheduled due to not gaining weight properly. They wanted to make sure that Noah was still growing like he should. He is doing great, just a little small. We had an ultrasound around 26 weeks and he was above the 50th percentile, which was really good for me, so I figured this little guy would be a big baby. Well, today he was at the 20th percentile. Now, that's more like it. Little mom....little babies. The doctor was not concerned and said that the numbers were good for my size and that she would not expect him to be much bigger. They just want him to stay above the 10th percentile. They are going to do another ultrasound in a couple of weeks to make sure his numbers are staying consistent. She said that the big thing would be not getting sick and losing any weight. The cold and flu season seems to be on the way out, so we should be okay with that one.

Speaking of little Noah, I have to share a sweet moment between my two boys today. Micah was sitting on the couch beside me reading a book. I lifted my shirt to scratch my belly. It seems to itch all the time. Micah looked down at it, patted my belly and then gave it a kiss. He knows that the baby is in there. We are trying to get him to say Noah's name. That was a moment too sweet for words. Later on this evening, we were reading books before bed. We were reading about baby Moses and he pointed to the baby, said baby and patted his belly. Bless his heart, he has the idea, but all of this is just too much for his sweet mind to comprehend.

No comments: