Saturday, March 31, 2007

If this gives you any idea what my night has been like, I am posting at 1:00am in the morning. I can't sleep, so I figured I would write about my crazy evening.

Well, it starts off like this. I should actually be with the ladies in our Sunday School Class right now enjoying a long awaited and planned "Ladies Night Out." It was my last chance to get away before Noah's arrival. Well, those plans were shot when we realized that he might be coming early. The ladies are in a cabin in the mountains without cell phone service, so we all thought it best that I probably not go. So, with that Charlie planned on getting together with some of the guys from the class and having an "XBox Tournament."

Well, as my previous post mentioned today, the OB believes that I will make it another week, so Charlie and I both figured that I could go ahead and go with the ladies. I was excited about going, but those plans were shot in the head again, when I discovered that my toddler was suffering greatly from either allergies or the worst cold of his life. He has been trying to come down with it over the last 24 hours, but this afternoon it hit him hard. He was only able to sleep for 30 minutes, because his horrible coughing was waking him up. Not getting a nap, made him feel even worse for the rest of the evening. When Charlie got home, we did everything we could to try and make Micah's night easier. We did a breathing treatment, hooked up a humidifier and gave two different medicines. At 7:00 we put him down and he went right to sleep. Charlie left shortly after that to meet the guys for his date with the XBox. Well, Micah coughed from about 7:15-10:15 nonstop. He woke up about 6 times. One time he fell off the bed, he was coughing so bad. Poor little guy. After 3 straight hours of coughing, I decided to try a different medicine. It took about 20 minutes to take affect, but he is finally resting.

So at that point, I decided to go to sleep myself and get some rest before his medicine wore off. Well, I fall asleep and all of about 10 minutes later, the dog wakes me up with nonstop scratching. She did this last night as well, so this is going on night #2 without much rest. This went on for over an hour in the bed. I was going crazy!!! She finally made me get up and put her outside to use the restroom. When I did, I noticed that her ear looked funny. I put her up on the counter to take a peek. It was awful! She has a horrible infection in her left ear. I held her down as best I could by myself and poured hydrogen peroxide in the ear. She did not like that one bit, and shook it all over me. The little bit that stayed in her ear seems to be helping, because she is now on our bed sleeping, instead of scratching. I best go to bed as well, while I have the chance.

I guess it is a good thing that I did not go tonight. My babies needed me here at the house and they are going to need me tomorrow morning as well. It looks like I will be taking Snickers to the vet and then taking Micah to the doctor down in Gainesville. The many joys of motherhood!

No comments: