Monday, February 26, 2007

Big Boy Bed

Today was the first "real attempt to get Micah to sleep in his new bed and room. The first time that I tried to sneak him in there while he was asleep did not prove successful. He woke-up a little and was scared to be in a new place. I have been putting off the transition since then, but the need to get him adjusted to his new bed has been in the back of my mind for a while. He loves his crib and sleeps so well in it. I just hated to mess up a good thing. Today I just decided to do it! When we got home for school, we found his special pillow and blanket. I laid him down, covered him up and told him that it was "night night" time and not to get up. I shut the door behind me. I checked back just a couple of minutes later and heard him talking a little bit and playing. That was not a good sign, but I decided to give him a few minutes to see if he would settle down. I went back there about 10 minutes later and did not hear a sound and decided to check. I figured I would find him asleep on the floor. I was shocked to find him curled up with his blanket and pillow on his bed. I had to run and get my camera and take a picture. When he woke up from his nap, he called my name a couple of times. When I went in there to get him, he was lying in his bed waiting patiently. I was so proud of him for being a big boy. His reward was hanging Wiggles stickers in his room and a cookie at snack time. We tucked him into his big boy bed again tonight. I have not heard anything since we left the room, so I am hoping that when I check on him in a couple of minutes he will be asleep. The next test will be to see if he will stay in his bed all night.

No comments: