Saturday, October 07, 2006

The search is over!



I have been looking for a toddler bed for the last several months. I have searched Ebay, Walmart, Toysrus, Kaybee, etc. I realized that by the time I bought a matress for the bed, I would be spending a couple a hundred dollars. That, I did not want to do. Today, I got lucky. I opened the newspaper to search for yard sales. I was not really in mood to go to yard sales, due to pregnancy sickness, but was specifically on the search for a CHEAP toddler bed. I was in luck! A house just a few miles from here was selling two toddler beds. It was 8:30 and the yard sale had begun at 8:00. I was not dressed or anything. I got dressed in all of ten minutes, threw Micah in the bed with Charlie (who was still sleeping) and was on a mission! I pulled up in the driveway and one of the toddler beds was still there. It was a car bed, with the matress included. All for $25. What a deal! I loaded it in my van, picked up breakfast for my boys and was smiling all the way home. I love to find a good deal!

The plan is to give Micah the toddler bed for Christmas, and give him a few months to get use to it before the new baby comes and takes his crib.

No comments: