Saturday, October 28, 2006

Another Eventful OB Visit

I went to my scheduled OB visit yesterday in hopes that it would be uneventful, all would be well and I would be on my way. I have come to the conclusion that nothing about this pregnancy is going to be normal. This baby is already letting me know that it is going to be a stubborn one.

The first thing that they do is listen to the baby. Well, he/she decided to be stubborn this time. The nurse could not get the heartbeat on the first attempt, so she said let me go get the other monitor. She left the room and I was a little worried, because it was not that hard to find the heartbeat the last time. Well, she came back with another monitor that she said was better and sure enough we found the fast little heart beat. I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing that sweet sound. Come to find out, the baby has decided to take up camp down low. Much lower then Micah! So, he/she is putting lots of pressure on my bladder. The OB could not believe how low the baby was and how small my bladder was. I can believe it, because I can't stay out of the bathroom!

The OB came in and was excited about my report from the heart doctor. I gave her the lastest on my headaches and blurred vision and she did not like what she was hearing. She said that it was time to see a neurologist and get to the bottom of the headaches. She said that they did not seem like normal pregnancy headaches to her. I was a little discouraged about that. I did tell her that I had not had one in the last two days, hoping that would make a difference in her decision. But she still said it was not normal to be having as many as a I am having, as well as the other symptoms that go along with them. So we are off to see the neurologist in November. Although I really don't want to go, I will feel better to have him check me over and hopefully tell me that my head is okay.

No comments: