Saturday, October 07, 2006

Cowardly Lion

Once again, it has been a while since I have posted. I have not been very good with the blog thing lately. Pregnancy has hit me hard, as I am having a really rough time with this one. I guess I can say with a good bit of confidence that this will be our last. I am about 13 weeks now. I am past my first trimester and hope that the next two fly by....that is if I don't get to feeling better soon. Well, pregnancy is not what I was going to post about, so let me get to my funny story.

Yesterday, I met a friend at the Mall of Georgia to have pictures of Micah taken in his costume. Last year he was a cute little pumpkin. This year he is going to be a lion. He is not a brave, roaring lion, but a timid, cowardly one. I put him in his costume and everything was going good. Then the photographer pulled down the white background that Micah was to stand on. Upon hearing and seeing that, Micah freaked out and had a death grip on me. It is hard at times to figure out a nonverbal toddler, but I think I know what was going through Micah's head. The white backdrop reminded him of the white paper that they pull down over the exam table at the doctor's office. Micah has had his fair share of the doctor's office in his short 19 months of life, so he was not going to get on that paper on his own will. It took three of us about 20 minutes to entice him to sit on the paper and put on somewhat of a happy face. That was the only pose that we got. He usually gets 6 poses, but not today! That made the picture choosing decision an easy one. We did get one really cute picture of him though.

What did I learn from yesterday's experience? 1) Have them pull down the background when he is not watching and 2) NEVER USE THE WHITE BACKGROUND!

No comments: