Wednesday, March 22, 2006

What a Trooper!

Well, Micah had tubes put in and adenoids taken out yesterday. He was a real trooper. He did so well through the whole ordeal. We had to be there at 6:45, they took us straight back to the room where we sat for close to two hours. He had been up since 6:00 and was not able to eat or drink anything. I thought that this would be a big deal for him, but he didn't seem to care. We sat on the bed and played for quite a while. About 15 minutes before the procedure, the nurse came in and gave Micah some "happy juice." After about 5 minutes he was real happy! He was totally drunk! It was so funny watching him. He could not sit up, so he layed there and laughed at everything. He also talked really loud. I wish I would have had my camera. When the nurse came to take him from me, he went right to her and I watched her take him down the hall as he looked over her shoulder at me and smiled. What a sweetheart!

He was a little fussy when they brought him back to me, because he woke up and did not know where he was. Once he was in my arms, he slept for the rest of the time we were there. He slept most of the afternoon after we got home. When he woke up, he acted as if nothing ever happened. This was a pretty easy experience for Micah. He has been through much worse. I am very glad that it is over and hopefully we will see a difference in him real soon.

1 comment:

Nancy White Kelly said...

Granny is so relieved. Grandpa too. PTL!