Saturday, March 11, 2006

What a Day!!!

Micah and I had a rather busy day yesterday. We got up and got going early, so that we could get groceries and run some other errands before his morning nap. We did all of that got home and Micah took his nap. I then spent much of my time on the phone with the doctor's office getting things squared away for Micah's appointment on Monday. After Micah got up, we ran some more errands and met Charlie for lunch. We then visited a friend for a little while and came home for Micah's afternoon nap. If you haven't already figured it out, this kid sleeps a lot!!! I was already to finish up the daily chores, when 2o mintues later he woke up crying. I went back there to find that he was burning up. I knew what was going on. The day before we had just finished up our 10 day dosage of antibiotics and his ears were flared up again. It was getting late. I knew that the doctor's office would be closing soon and I knew what the weekend would be like if we did not get another antibiotic. I called the nurse, who I had just gotten off the phone with 10 minutes before finishing up the details on Micah's Monday appointment. She chuckled when she realized what was going on, because she knew we were just at the ENT the day before. She put me on hold for a minute, came back to the phone and said that his doctor wanted to see him, but would not charge an office visit. That was a blessing, because Micah's unexpected medical expenses have put a huge kink in our budget! The doctor confirmed what I expected, both of his ears had flared up again and on top of that he has a bad bacterial infection on his bottom and legs. Poor Kid!!! At least the end it in site and after April 4th, my little boy should be feeling much better and Lord Willing, so will our pocketbook.

2 comments:

Tori said...

Where in Georgia will you be living? Glad that you are keeping up with our family. Charlie does have a crazy/weird sense of humor! :)

Christie said...

Hope the appt. goes well today.