Monday, September 01, 2008

The Mysterious Fever Strikes Again!

When Micah was 5 months old, I took him to the doctor because he had a fever. The fever was really high for his age and the doctor thought that he could possibly have Meningitis, so she sent us to the hospital. This was just the day before we were to fly out to Colorado. We had had the trip planned for months and my parents were going to go with us. Well, the trip was canceled as we spent most of our vacation in the hospital caring for one sick little boy. He did not have Meningitis, but they never did figure out what it was. It was labeled the "mysterious fever."

I had flash backs of that this weekend when once again Micah spiked a high fever. Sunday, he was burning up, crying and lethargic. I checked his temperature and it was 103.7. It came on quick. He seemed to be fine and then just a little while later was very ill. I immediately phoned the doctor. We were able to get it to come down, so we did not have to go to the E.R. over the holiday weekend. Thank you Lord! I also had a high fever last night. I have not had a fever in years and let's just say, they are miserable! I got over mine thankfully in just a matter of hours. Micah still has the fever. It comes and goes and has not been as high as it was yesterday, but we will probably be going to the doctor in the morning to have him checked out. He had an ear infection a couple of weeks ago, so maybe it is from that. You never know with little ones and that not knowing is what is hard.

No comments: