Friday, September 12, 2008

Family Picture - DISASTER!


Why do we even try??? All I wanted was a good family picture of me, my hubby and the boys. Well, I guess when you have a 3-year-old and a 1-year-old, that is about like asking the impossible. We have not gotten a family picture taken since Micah was 9months old. I have not even been lucky enough to get a good picture of both the boys together. We had an appointment to go last Friday, but everyone was just getting over being sick, so I decided to call it off. That was the last thing I needed to worry about. Earlier this week, I scheduled another appointment for this afternoon. I spent a good portion of the day picking out outfits and making sure that boys were well fed and rested for the picture. Our appointment was at 4:30. We got there and they were not ready to take us. I knew then that we were in for it. I almost decided to just go home. They finally got to us 30minutes late. We had a hard time getting both boys to coraperate at the same time. If one was smiling, the other was wanting to run around. If one was sitting still with a half smile on their face, the other one was crying. And then there was the decent picture of the boys, but I had my eyes closed. I'll just say I was praying. We just couldn't win. As frustration levels were rising, we decided to call it quits. The lady showed us the three pictures that were halfway acceptable. I did not like any of them and just decided to try it another time. The sunny side of it...we did not spend any money. I can remember times that I would just take Micah for pictures and would have to control myself or I would come out broke. Let's just say that I want have to worry about breaking the picture budget...at least for a while.

Does anyone with small children have any pointers for getting good professional pictures??? :)

To our family and friends-if you get a picture this year that has four separate pictures all pasted together, I hope you understand why.

No comments: