Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Not Sure What to Title This Post....

Well, this will come as a shock to many readers. This post will officially let everyone know about a huge decision that Charlie and I have been praying about for months. Sunday, we attended an International Adoption Seminar in Atlanta. I have probably only shared my interest in adoption with just a handful of people. Charlie and I have been thinking about adoption since shortly after Micah was born. We have both done lots of research with different agencies and countries. We have chosen Christian World Adoption Agency and feel that the Lord is leading us to adopt a child in Kyrgyzstan. A predominantly Muslim country located next to China. We are currently on the waiting list, so the process will more than likely start in a few months. It is all in God's timing, because that is going to give us more time to pray and really seek the Lord's guidance in this MAJOR decision. I am nervous, yet excited. I have never taken such a huge step of faith in all my life. It is going to be a financial burden, but we both know that if the Lord leads us to adopt, then he will provide the means needed.

There is so much that I could mention on this post, because much thought, research and prayer has gone into all of this. I will keep this short and post more on the subject later. I will say that we are looking to adopt an infant girl. Charlie and I both want a girl, but realize that it is just not good on my body to go through another pregnancy. We also know that there are millions of children in orphanages that need a loving, Christian home. Please pray for us as we continue to seek the Lord in this important decision.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Tori, just to let you know that I will be praying for you all during this time. I know that you and Charlie would be great for this because of the strong, christian upbringing you would give this child. I know that whatever may happen it is in God's hands.

Tori said...

Thanks Sarah. I am glad that I have strong Christian friends supporting us through praying.