Sunday, August 12, 2007

Women of Faith

This past weekend I left both the boys with Charlie and went with a group of ladies from the church to a conference in Atlanta called Women of Faith. Friday, Beth Moore was the main speaker. How AWESOME! What a wonderful Christian woman! Of all the Christian speakers and writers, she is the one that has had the strongest influence on my Christian walk. I have been part of about 5 of her Bible studies, so it was an honor to see her in person. That night and all day Saturday we heard from singers Sandi Patty and Nicole C. Mullen. Their performances were incredible! The speakers were the Women of Faith ladies. They made us laugh, they made us cry and they gave us the encouragement to look to Jesus when we travel through life's valleys.

What a wonderful weekend. It was nice being away. Every mother needs that at least once a year. I did miss the boys though and called several times to check in with them. Charlie did great keeping them and I don't think that either one of them realized I was gone. But Noah did get very excited when he heard my voice as I got him up to feed him Sunday morning. When I got Micah up...he asked for Dada. Oh well, those precious boys love their daddy.

No comments: