Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Let Me Take A Moment To Brag

I need to brag on my first born. He is know going poop and pee pee on the potty. I stressed about this for a little while this summer, because I wanted him to be potty trained before preschool started back. I worked with him some, but soon gave up when I realized that he was just not ready and that it was a battle of the wills. I decided that I was not going to worry about it anymore. People have always told me, they will go when they are ready. I thought, "yeah right, then I will be waiting forever." I was willing to wait though and just keep doing diapers (especially since I get them for little of nothing using my coupons!!!)

Well, we have been in school for two weeks now and all but one of the children in Micah's class is potty trained. I have not said much about it, but I guess Micah was feeling a bit of pressure from his toddler peers. That peer pressure starts early and it can be a good or bad thing. In this case, it has been a very good thing. Last night, he came up to me and said, "poop mama." I said, Micah do you want to go poop on the potty...thinking he would refuse as usual. To my surpise, he gladly walked back there pooped and peed on the potty. WOW! I was in shock and made a huge deal about it! He got to get a car of his choosing out of the Potty Training Treat Bag, a sticker to put on his chart and a small piece of chocolate (this in itself is a huge deal for Micah). But some occasions call for chocolate!

He woke up this morning and went straight to the potty. He takes Mickey Mouse ("Ra Ra") with him. "Ra Ra" sits on one potty and he sits on the other. He can't wait to get to pick something from the treat bag when he is done. Last night he slept with his new car and showed it to me first thing this morning. He is so proud of himself!

Today he is in BIG BOY UNDERWEAR! We will see how it goes. I am not a big fan of the Pull Ups, because they feel too much like diapers. Maybe he can wear his big boy underwear to school tomorrow.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

What a big boy! I hope it continues!

Nancy White Kelly said...

Give that boy a whole bar of chocolate. He deserves it!!!! Expect a few set backs, but he has the idea now and he'll be potty trained soon.