Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas and Such

Well, Christmas is over and the fun of playing with all the new toys begins. I will have pictures to post in the next couple of days. We have been extremely busy with visiting family and friends. We have spent the last several days traveling. We are in Birmingham Alabama right now visiting a college buddy. They have a little boy Micah's age and a one-year-old little baby girl. Micah is having the time of his life playing with his friend and learning how to do new things, such as, jumping off of furniture. Two-year-old little boys are such a joy!

Well, back to the subject of Christmas. Charlie and Micah were showered with new toys. I got a few nice things as well, but that really doesn't matter to me. I just like for them to be happy. Most of what I got was things that we needed for the house and a couple of maternity tops. I need a few more maternity tops that I really enjoy wearing and I will be set. I get tired of wearing the same thing day after day, but that is the way it goes. I have a hard time finding ones that fit me really good and that I enjoy wearing. I really need XS and that size is really hard to find in Maternity.

Speaking of maternity...I visited the OB on Wednesday. So far so good. I am now a couple of days shy of 24 weeks and my blood pressure is great. I just pray that it stays this way and I continue to feel better day by day. The only thing that bothers me now is that I can't be on my feet for a long period of time, because I am carrying the baby really low and he is putting a lot of pressure on my bladder, back and pelvis. The OB has me wearing a maternity belt now to relieve some of that pressure. I just hope that it does the trick. So far I am not noticing a big difference. Charlie and I are both a little anxious at the fact that this baby may come a little early.

A quick update on Micah...he is now in speech therapy and I am learning new things to do to increase his vocabulary. The whole process is pretty complicated, but I think we will start to see some improvement soon. This morning, I think that he said please. At least it was close to that. I have not been able to get him to say it since, but we are making progress and that is the big thing. The goal is that Micah will have 20 words over the next 6 months. I am keeping up with a journal of his progress for myself and the therapist.

That is all for now...more pictures and such later.

No comments: