Monday, August 07, 2006

Atlanta Zoo

This summer, as a part of my intern position at the church we have been taking the children some where every Tuesday. We call this One Way Club. We start with the club part, which includes songs, puppet shows and a story, all which focus around a Fruit of the Spirit. After the lesson, we take the children on a trip. Last Tuesday was the "big" trip of the summer. We made the drive through the crazy city of Atlanta and went to the Zoo. Micah has gone along with us on every trip, but this one was probably his favorite. It was extremely hot, but he was a trooper. He enjoyed watching all the different kinds of animals. To him they were all the same...."doooogs" That is his favorite word now and he uses it to describe anything with four extremities. Over the weekend, he pointed at Charlie and said "doooog." You never know what will come out of the mouth of a toddler! See pictures below.

This is my last week as intern at my church. I have lots of work to do to wrap things up for the summer. I have really enjoyed the position. It has been the perfect job for our situation. Maybe they will ask me to do it again next summer.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hey Tori!! Sarah told me about your page. Your babies are too cute! Lol we took Emma to the zoo last year and she thought all the animals were dogs too! She kept barking at all of them.