Friday, August 08, 2008

They are Watching Us!



Wednesday, I was getting ready in my bathroom. Noah was with me. That is a good thing, because when I take my eyes off of Noah I better get ready to clean-up a mess. Well, this time Micah took on the role of mess maker. Micah was watching Mickey Mouse while I was getting ready. He usually never gets into anything, so I can leave him to himself for a while without worrying. Not this time! I walked back in the living room to see him painting his toenails on the rug. No only did he paint his toenails, but he also painted my hardwood floors. He has seen me paint my toenails many times and he decided he would try it himself. He actually did a good job with the toenail part.

That same morning, I watched a special on Stephen Curtis Chapman's family. It was very touching and I started crying. Micah came over to me and said, "mama cry, mama sad." I went in the bathroom and washed my face and then gave him a big hug. He is so sympathetic and does not like it when I'm not happy. He will randomly ask me, "mama happy?" I guess he could not get this incident off his mind. A little while later he was watching Mickey Mouse. He went in our bathroom and got that same rag and sat in the same spot where I had been sitting earlier. He came over to me and said, "Micah cry," Micah sad." That was very sweet. It makes me realize how he is watching everything I do.

1 comment:

Nancy White Kelly said...

How sweet. With children, you never know when you are making memories.