Tuesday, August 05, 2008

There's a First Time for Every Thing!!!

I got pulled over today. I was in the CVS parking lot...who would have thought???? The officer said that he noticed I was not wearing my seat belt and wanted to know if I had a reason for not doing so. I politely said, "no, I just forgot." He said that they were trying to crack down on this and that they are pushing for a higher percentage of the city to wear seat belts. He gave me a "seat belt citation." It does not go on my record. He said that it is just there to remind everyone of the importance of wearing their seat belt. It was for $15. I gladly took the ticket and told him that it would definitely serve as a reminder for me in the future. That is the first time I have ever had any kind of right up like that. I am just glad that it does not go against my record. It really will be a good reminder for me to buckle my seat belt every time I get in the car.

No comments: