Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Just in Case You Need a Laugh...

I met several moms from our MOPS group at Monkey Joes in Gainesville this morning. Monkey Joes is a huge indoor play place with lots of huge inflatables. It is a kids dreamland! I was just getting ready to leave and telling Micah we had 5 minutes left and turned around to engage in the following conversation with a 10-year-old little boy:

Little boy: Hey, I wanted to tell you that my friend has a crush on you.
Me: Oh really, how old are you?
Little boy: I'm 10!
Me: And how old is your friend?
Little boy: He is 10 or 11.
Me: Wow, well that's interesting!

I thought about telling him that I was old enough to be his friend's mother, but I did not want to break his little heart. I guess he went back and told his friend. The rest of the time we were there, they were spying on me. Whenever they would catch my eyes, they would run off giggling. My mom friends and I got a good laugh out of it!

5 comments:

Garretts said...

Breaking 10-year-old's hearts? Shame on you, Tori! Sounds like you guys had a good time. I look forward to when Jack is a little older and can enjoy a few more of the planned outings.

Tori said...

He will be big enough before you can blink your idea!

Charlotte Collier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlotte Collier said...

Opps- I wrote a minute ago but it made no since once I looked at it again so I deleted it. ANYWAY-

I just wanted to say thank you for being so welcoming to me when I came to the MOPS playgroup yesterday. I had been very unsure about going (as I had been asked to go for over a year now). It meant a lot to me.

Charlotte

Tori said...

Will is precious! We will look forward to seeing you there this fall.