Saturday, April 15, 2006

A Must Read!

I am currently reading the book "Bringing Up Boys" by James Dobson. I highly recommend this book to anyone who works with boys and especially for those that are raising their own son. Dobson gives practical advice for how to rear your son into godly manhood. It is helping me to understand how Micah is wired differently than a girl. I always thought that this was a book for dads to read, so I brought it for Charlie for his birthday. I have since discovered that it is a must read for moms so that they can better understand the make-up of their son and use those strageties to help raise them and guide them through adolescents. It touches subjects from ways to best educate a boy to how to prevent homosexuality. If God has given you the awesome priviledge of caring for and raising a son, I strongly encourage you to take the time to read this book.

No comments: