Friday, February 08, 2008

One Blessed Mama!

For those of you who have kept up with my blog over the last couple of years, you know that our son Micah has had some developmental delays. Right now that is expressed most in his speech. I have worked a lot with Micah over the last couple of years in different areas and have gotten discouraged at times. But all the hard work that being a full time mother demands is worth is all when you hear your little one say I love you.

I am constantly saying I love you to Micah, Noah and Charlie. He probably hears those words about twenty times each day. I have asked him if he loves me and he will say yes and repeat those sweet words after me giving it his best. Tonight I tucked him in the bed, told him I loved him, gave him a kiss and turned to leave the room. As I was shutting the door I heard him say, "wuv you mama." That was the first time he has said that without being prompt to do so. I left his room beaming with pride, knowing that I am one of the most blessed mamas in the world!

Micah will be three on the 19th. He is having a Mickey Mouse Party next week. Where has the time gone? Tomorrow he is going to help me stuff goody bags and a pinata.

1 comment:

Nancy White Kelly said...

"Wuv you, mama" is the sweetest group of words you will ever hear no matter if you are 3 or 63.