Monday, July 31, 2006

Camp Koinonia

Last week Charlie and I spent our entire week in Clayton at a church camp. It was the most exhausting thing I have ever done, but I really did have a great time. I was the counselor in a cabin of eleven 3rd and 4th grade girls. There was some sort of drama that took place in my cabin at least once a day. These girls were a trip!!! If only I could rewind my life and go back to that young age and know what I know now. The best part of the week was Thursday night when I counseled with five girls, two of which accepted Christ as their Savior. That is one of the things in life that fire me up the most is couseling with children and then witnessing their joy when they accept Christ!!!

We were busy from 7:00 in the morning until after 11:00 each night. On Tuesday we hiked as an entire group up Mount Pinnacle. It was an hour and a half walk up and the most strenuous hike I have ever taken. We made it and the view was beautiful! Some of the children had never in their life done or seen anything like this. On Wednesday, we went to another camp in the area for the afternoon. They had a blob there. The blob is a huge air filled pillow shaped object that one person gets on the very end of it and the other one jumps of a diving board in an attempt to send them flying in the air. I was on the end of it, when Charlie jumped onto the blob and I went flying!!!! It was fun, but slightly painful when I hit the water. Thursday, we had a huge water slide with baby oil set up for all the campers and counselors to race down. Charlie and I both did it. I did it several times, but the last time I landed in a puddle of mud. It was quite a site to see! If Micah could have only seen his parents acting like a couple of big kids at camp all week!!!!

No comments: