Sunday, May 21, 2006

Mother's Day and Birthday

I have not posted in a few days. The last week has been an emotional one and I have not felt much like blogging. There are several items that I have wanted to blog about, so over the next couple of days, I will probably post several different things.

Last weekend my family got together to celebrate mine and my brother's birthday. My birthday is the 16th of May and his is the 26th. My mother always took advantage of this growing up and we usually had combined birthday parties. I remember one year we had a combined party and his theme was race cars and mine was clowns. I think it was clowns...at least that's what the cake was. The two go together so well! :) My mom was always great about making us a homemade cake that she decorated herself. I guess that is probably one of the things that I remember most about my birthdays growing up. Well we celebrated this year by taking a trip to Lake Burton and grilling hamburgers, fishing and playing at the park. Our children were the ones running around all over the place having a wonderful time. My, how time flies!!!! I can remember when I was a little girl swinging on the swings and sliding down slides. Now, I am standing by my toddler has he begins to experience these wonderful and innocent things of childhood.

The next day was Mother's Day. My parents went to church with us. I really enjoyed the service. All the mothers received a rose and a devotional book. I held my rose during the entire service and the thoughts going through my mind was how blessed I am to have a son! I just pray that I can be half the mom to Micah that my mother was to us. Most of all, I want everything I do in raising this child to be pleasing to God.

After spending the weekend celebrating with my mom, we traveled to Young Harris to see Charlie's parents. That night we took Micah to this huge play place in town. They had a toddler section and he had the best time running around there.

No comments: